Hey racers, here’s the update 0.3.0 for Racecraft. It includes improved general stability, a new game mode, the chase cam, improved controls, improved UI navigation, minor performances optimisations and various bug fixes.
Please update the game and let us know if everything works fine.
We know there are some game crashes and unfortunately some people can’t play, but several times these issues stem from outdated graphics drivers or operating system, so we highly recommend to check if your OS is updated and if you have the latest graphics drivers installed.
- During Early Access, saved tracks and all related elements (ghosts, other options) will be wiped frequently because of technical upgrades to the procedural engine and other parts of the game. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- The game stutters during the first couple of generated tracks: this happens because it’s generating and caching shaders
- If you have more than one control device connected to your system, disconnect the one you’re not using to avoid crashes or calibration issues
This update contains:
- Added Weekly Hotlap Events mode
- Added chase camera view
- Controls: added support for Steam Controller, PS3 and PS4 gamepads
- Controls: multi-device calibration is now working properly
- Improved UI navigation
- Improved general stability
- Optimized track saving
- Minor performances optimizations
- Various bugfixes
The two most important features contained in this update are:
- Weekly Hotlap Events mode: a new special track will be generated weekly, on each Friday, for Weekly Hotlap Events. Each time you perform a lap you will race against ghosts of the absolute best track lap, your best lap and the +5 ghost on the event ranking. Consider this a “mini eSports” mode before the real multiplayer to start honing your skills on specific circuits and improve your times lap after lap.
- Chase camera view: We finally added the chase camera view. It wasn’t available earlier because of some graphical issues related to the procedural track generation.
(we recognize a set of commands and default calibration for the following models)
- Thrustmaster T150 Force Feedback
- Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Force Feedback
- Thrustmaster T3PA Pedals
- Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel
- Thrustmaster TX Servo Base
- Logitech G29
- Logitech G27
- Logitech G25
- Logitech Driving Force GT
If you continue to experience crashes or issues, please send us an email at email@example.com with the following info:
- Your Steam ID
- Windows OS version
- Hardware specs
- Attach all the .log files (they are here: Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\Racecraft\)