Version updated Nov 28th 2018
SBX is committed to ensuring your privacy and protecting the security of your personal information. This Policy covers the public SBX websites – including, but not limited to www.sandboxtech.it, www.playracecraft.com (collectively, the “Website”) — and all online forms on the Website used to collect personal information.
If you have any comments, concerns or questions regarding our Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . While we cannot guarantee privacy perfection, we will address any issue to the best of our abilities as soon as possible.
If you do not agree with any terms or conditions described in this Policy or the Terms of Service, please exit from the Website.
2. Collecting Personal Information
2.1 Collecting Information
We or our business partners may collect and process the following information and/or data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for any information (required for organization of activities) when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by our business partners and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- For some activities, we may ask you to create a username and password and/or to provide other, non-personal information such as your age, date of birth, gender, and/or game and platform preferences; and, combine such information with your personal information. In addition, your web browser or client software may transmit certain geographic information or information regarding your computer (capabilities, game data processing, etc.) to SBX. We may use this information to generate aggregate statistics about our user community and may provide such non-personal information to advertisers and/or our partners. In addition, SBX may use such information for security, system integrity (the prevention of hacking, cheats, etc.), or enforcement purposes.
2.2 IP Address and Cookies
We or our business partners may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our partners. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our Website according to your individual interests, as well as make your experience with SBX more personal and pleasant.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognize you when you return to our Website.
2.3 Log Files
Like most Internet services, we may also use log files on the server side. The data held in log files includes your IP (Internet Protocol) address, browser type, e-mail application, Internet service provider, referring/exit Web pages, computer platform type, date/time stamp, and user activity (e.g., feature usage, user rankings, game statistics). SBX uses server log data to analyze trends, administer the services offered through the Website. IP addresses are not tied to any personally identifiable information.
The software enabling the Website has associated log and temporary files that are stored on SBX’s servers. These files store your account information, preference settings, system notifications as well as other data necessary to enable you to participate on the Website. Your information may also exist within regularly performed server backups. The foregoing information is collected on an aggregated and anonymous basis.
3. Consent to Monitor
When you play any of the games offered and/or served by SBX, or use any of the communication features on the Websites, your IP address (the Internet protocol address from which you access any of the above) may be stored in our records. When any game is updated or “patched,” our patch routine may check your computer to see that you have the most recent version of game-specific files; when you communicate within any game or any other communication feature within our games (e.g. live chat, instant message services and the like), even “privately” to another person, you do so with the understanding that those communications go through our servers, can be monitored by us, you have no expectation of privacy in any of those communications and, accordingly, you expressly consent to monitoring of communications that you send and receive.
4. Storage of Your Personal Information
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. SBX uses industry-standard technology, such as firewalls, in an effort to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
5. Use of Your Personal Information
Generally, the information that you disclose on our website is collected by SBX or by third parties such as co-sponsors or vendors for the promotion. SBX’s use of any such information will be governed by this Policy. The names of third parties such as co-sponsors (other than vendors hired by SBX to conduct, administer, and execute a promotion on behalf of SBX) will be disclosed to you when you are asked to sign up for the promotion.
We generally do not sell or trade any personal information about our customers, prospects, or visitors to any third parties. We may share, however, aggregated demographic information with our business partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
Finally, in the event SBX combines with another company in the future through a corporate merger, sale, acquisition, liquidation or other similar process, your personal information may be transferred with the business or a part of it, or may be sold as an asset of the business.
SBX strives to comply with all applicable laws around the globe that are designed to protect your privacy. Although legal requirements may vary from country to country, SBX intends to adhere to the principles set forth in this Policy even if, in connection with the above, we transfer your Personal Information from your country to countries that may not require an “adequate” level of protection for your Personal Information. In other words, our goal is to provide protection for your Personal Information no matter where that Personal Information is collected, transferred, or retained. Additionally, in the unlikely event we need to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries, we can, and you authorize us to, disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate. Furthermore, SBX may also disclose information about you in case SBX determines that such disclosure is necessary for national security reasons, law enforcement and/or other public importance issues.
7. Opt-Out Provision
If you do not want SBX to send you e-mail or postal mail about our products and services, you can opt-out at the time of registration or information collection. If, at a later date, you choose to have your name or any other personal information removed from our mailing list, you can do so by emailing to email@example.com.
8. Children’s Privacy
The accounts on SBX Website are available only to individuals who are not under the age of thirteen (13). If you are under the age thirteen (13), you may not create an account on the Website, you may not sign up for any subscription service or buy anything through the Website, and you are not eligible to enter any of our sweepstakes or promotions.
Except as may be required by law, SBX will not knowingly collect, maintain, or disclose any personal information from children under the age of 13. We take kids privacy seriously, and encourage parents to play an active role in their children’s online experience at all times.
SBX recommends that parents and guardians spend time online with their children to become more familiar with the types of content available on the Internet, including our online games.
Parents and guardians should regularly oversee their children’s use of email and other online communications and transactional features. Control tools are available from online services and software manufacturers that can help provide a safe online environment for kids.
9. Changes to our Policy
This Policy may change from time to time, so please check back periodically to ensure that you are aware of any changes. If we make a material change to the Policy, we will notify you by posting the change on the Policy and, if necessary, give you additional choices regarding such change. Your continued use of our Website will signify your acceptance of these changes.
10. Contact Us
If you have any questions, complaints, or comments regarding this Policy, or have other questions or suggestions about our Website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org